Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
In the national development plan and sectoral plans, the government seeks to develop the public transport system through:
– Updating the comprehensive road and passenger transport plan, privatizing the activity of transporting goods, modernizing and modernizing the railway system, and raising its operational capacity.
– Strengthening the role of the national carrier in air transport.
– Supporting the private sector in maritime activity.
– Implementing e-government services and improving communications and internet services.
– In the field of manufacturing industries, Iraq aims to increase the contribution of non-oil manufacturing and extractive industries to the GDP, as well as raising the level of the local manufacturing component in industries that have the ingredients for this by building partnerships with international companies in industries with a competitive advantage in the country.